Create Meaningful Memories
We know that every family we serve is unique, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one's hobbies and interests.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
- photographic collages
- baloon release
- displays of personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, or favorite pastime items, such as garden tools
- the writing of personal notes by family and friends during the service
- service folders & registry books that reflect personal style and interests
- music selections from our extensive library
- live musicians
- special customs particular to different faiths, ethnic groups, and fraternal organizations
- Video Tributes: A video tribute contains 25 to 30 photographs paired with a special song for your loved one, all directed towards celebrating memorable and meaningful times during a life lived. We have equipped our funeral home to play the video tribute at the time of visitation and service. Powerful when incorporated into the funeral service, a video tribute also preserves memories for a long time to come.
- displays of uniforms and equipment for government employees
- have motorcycles in the procession for a motorcycle enthusiast or have a cowboy's horse lead the procession for a cowboy
- bagpiper- for many the stirring sound of bagpipes highlights the reverent and sacred nature of a funeral.
Our funeral directors are committed to helping you create a special tribute to your loved one that will honor a life well-lived. We encourage you to share your ideas, customs and wishes with us.
No longer are personal letters expected by relatives, friends and acquaintances in return for expressions of sympathy. In most cases a signed acknowledgment or thank you card is sufficient to say "thanks" for flowers, mass cards, charitable donations and personal services.
For your convenience, we provide personalized acknowledgment cards as part of our Funeral Service Packages. Acknowledgments should be sent within two weeks following the date of death or funeral service. If a more personal touch is desired, then a few words can be written on the card with reference to the flowers sent, donation made or services rendered. These words can often make the recipient feel that your thanks are as personal as if they were expressed verbally.
We have developed the following suggestions to assist you in personalizing your acknowledgments in responding to the various expressions of sympathy. These are only samples so you should feel free to change any wording to fit your particular situation.
Clergy: You may want to send a personal note thanking them for their spiritual guidance and service conducted.
Dear Fr. Phil,
My husband and I would like to thank you for the consolation you gave us. Your kind words during the Funeral Mass for Mom was very comforting.
Flowers: A personal message may be written on the acknowledgment card. The note can be customized depending upon if they were sent by an individual, group of people or an organization.
The roses you sent to the funeral service for Mom were beautiful.
To Everyone at Prudential Financial Center,
The beautiful Peace Lily you sent for John’s viewing and Mass was such a touching gesture. I know how much you all meant to him at work.
Spiritual Bouquets, Cards & Letters: Replies may be short and written on the acknowledgment card.
Thank you for your kind words of sympathy... it's so nice, to have friends like you.
Charitable Donations & Masses: A brief note referencing the organization the donation was sent to personalizes the response.
Dear Fred & Marge,
Thank you for the generous contribution to the American Cancer Society in memory of our brother. Donations such as yours will no doubt assist in finding a cure some day.
Dear Aunt Diane,
Your Mass offering in memory of mom to St. John the Baptist Church was such a meaningful and spiritual gesture. It will give our family much comfort during the coming months.
Individuals Who Volunteer Other Services: A note acknowledging the service is all that is needed.
Thank so much for the delicious pan of Lasagna you brought over to the house. It was greatly appreciated.
To Members of St. Mary’s Bereavement Committee,
The after funeral luncheon you prepared and served for Mom’s funeral was such a gracious gesture and the food was delicious. Many of our family and friends could not believe the buffet you prepared for us. May God bless you all.
Thank you for house sitting during Lillian’s funeral service. Having you there gave our family much peace-of-mind. Thank you again for caring.